Everything You Need to Know About Olympian Trevor Jacob
Trevor Jacob is a multi-sport athlete but has lately been focusing his attention on snowboardcross. A good call seeing as how he recently qualified for the Sochi Olympics in that event!
- Sponsors: Arnette, Nike, Mammoth Mountain, Oakley, GKC
- Equipment: GNU
- Ranking: 1st place, World Cup, snowboardcross
Trevor got his start on snow at the ripe old age of two and a half. His parents, who snowboarded, started him on skis, but after an out-of-control accident where he hit a lift pole, they let him switch to snowboarding. He’s enjoyed different disciplines of the sport since then including halfpipe and slopestyle, but decided at the end of 2012 to hone in on snowboardcross.
On January 11, 2014, Trevor won a World Cup snowboardcross event in Vallnord-Arcalís, Andorra, which secured his spot on the U.S. Olympic Team for Sochi. It was deemed the most surprising result of any Olympic sport this season. Prior to the win, Trevor had never finished higher than seventh in his previous World Cup starts
Outside of snowboarding, you’ll find Trevor surfing, biking, touring with Nitro Circus or filming for GKC videos.
Career Highlights and Recent wins
Image via FIS
- FIS WORLD CUP: 1st, snowboardcross, 2014 / Seven World Cup starts since his debut in 2010
- U.S. CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE: 2013, SBX, Canyons Resort, UT
- GRAND PRIX: 4th, HP, Sprint U.S. Grand Prix, Mammoth Mountain, CA, 2011 / 5th, HP, Sprint U.S. Grand Prix, Mammoth Mountain, CA, 2012
- OTHER: 1st, HP, Burton AM Series, Mammoth Mountain, CA, 2011 / 2nd, HP, U.S. Revolution Tour, Boreal, CA, 2010 / 2nd, HP, Burton Pro-Test, Mammoth Mountain, CA, 2012 / 3rd, BA, Triple Air, Mountain High Resort, CA, 2012 / 4th, HP, Dew Tour, Snow Basin, UT, 2012 / 4th, SS, Burton Pro-Test, Mammoth Mountain, CA, 2012
- Trevor’s favorite run on Mammoth Mountain is Scotty’s.
- He’s a Leo, his birthday is August 6.
- Trevor has a tatoo of his last name across the upper part of his back.
- The DewTour nominated his drop into the halppipe from the scaffolding one of the top 6 sickest snowboard superpipe moments.
- After winning in Andorra, Trevor said, “I’m speechless. It’s just so cool to be out here with all these dudes that I didn’t know how I’d compare to, and it’s just cool to come out here and be on the top.”
Articles Featuring Trevor
Follow Trevor On