Your Guide to the Mammoth 2 Bishop Fun Bike Ride
What is the Mammoth2Bishop Fun Bike Ride and Finish Line Music Festival?
It’s a fun bike ride that starts off at Mammoth Creek Park with opening ceremonies from 8am-10am. The Ride Starts at 10am. Halfway to Benton will be playing during registration when you pick up your bib.
You can also pick up your bib and pre-register the night before at the Kickoff party Friday night at Rafters from 5pm-10pm
There will be a couple of pit stops along the way. The First pit stop is at McGee Creek Lodge at the Eastside Bake Shop. There will be a Clean Canteen Hydration Station. There will also be samples of baked goods and coffee and baked goods for sale.
The second stop will be at Tom’s Place where we’ll have live music from local’s favorite Lava Moon. This is time for you to take a little break, get a bite to eat, and have a beverage. They will be playing from 11am-1pm.
As you move on, there will be a third pits top–which is a sample pit stop, and is more of a Hydration Station, at the Round Valley School. Don’t miss this pit stop because it will be warm and you want to make sure you stay hydrated before you make the last leg to Mill Pond.
What is a Fun Ride and How Is It Different From Other Races?
A fun ride is fun. You take your time on this 43 mile run. It’s not a race. The point is to enjoy the scenery, and enjoy the comradierie among fellow riders. You can take your time at the pitstops. Enjoy the music; grab a bite to eat; hang out and listen to the band.
Do You Have to Wear a Cosume?
You’re welcome too. In fact, we have awards for best costume and best group costume. We will also have trophies for the best wheelie across the finish line. We have awards for folks who do the ride on rollerblade, and on a beach cruiser.
Who Will Play at the Finish Line Festival?
Nathan Maxwell of Flogging Molly will be headlining with the Original Bunny Gang. Nathan, who is the bassist in Flogging Molly is the singer and frontman for the Original Bunny Gang. He has written some of the lyrics for Flogging Molly songs.
With our five additional bands and a DJ area, there is something for every musical taste:
- Howling Dogma
- The Rocks Blues
- The Northstar Session
- Rads Music
- DJ Loxy, who is on VH1′s Master of the Mix and is going for the title: #1 DJ of the Nation
- DJ G-Roy, who is the same caliber DJ as Loxy, and from Sandiego
What Else Will Be at the Festival?
- A performance artist will be painting to the music, capturing the monment as each band plays.
- Local, gourmet, and organic food vendors, including Bleu Handcrafted Foods, Toomys, Karma Indian Food, Mad Dog Hotdogs from Bishop.
Where are people supposed to Park?
Official parking is at Mammoth High School parking lot. You can walk or ride down Old Mammoth Road to th event.
How Should People Get Back to Mammoth from Bishop?
There is morning shuttle service from Bishop at 8AM, leaving from Mill Pond for those folks who want to park at the finish line. There are only a few seats left on that.
There is also an evening shuttle bringing riders back to Mammoth from the Finish Line Festival.
Any Insider Tips for Cyclists on This Ride?
- Be safe! Remember, you’re sharing the road with automobiles, so you have to follow all California State laws, including stopping at stop signs.
- Stay hydrated. Drink more water than you think you need to, especially if you decide to have a few beers.
- Watch out for our “SAG vehicle,” or Support and Gear vehicle. It can help you if you can’t finish the ride, or if you have a bike problem like if you have a flat but no tube, teh SAG staff can help.
- EMTs wll be available along the course for medical emergencies.